Southern Softpaw League
Join us on Saturday November 12th for the End of Season Banquet Awards Ceremony and Charity Check Presentation!
All registered players, including day players, are welcome to join us for free. Guests and additional friends are $10 each.
Please RSVP, click here
BOXCAR AT HOP CITY
1000 White St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
Congratulations, 2022 Champions!
Team Registration for 2022 is Closed
The Early Registration Fee was $275 if paid before the Coaches Meeting on Sunday August 21st
To be eligible to vote on league agenda items the team fee must be paid in full
After that, the fee is $350
Team Registration closed on Saturday, September 1st to allow the league to complete the game schedule
The 2022 On-Line Player Registration & Payment will close on Friday September 16th at 9pm, after that, registration and payments will need to be done at the tent for opening day BEFORE taking the field.
The Early Registration Fee was $50 if paid by Sept 4th, after that the fee is $60.
The daily player fee is $15
Welcome to the website of the Southern Softpaw League. Founded in 2009, SSL is an all-inclusive softball league for individuals in Metro Atlanta with a passion for the game of softball and for animals. On this website you will find information about the league, how to register, where we play, our passion and mission in raising money to help as many local animal charities in and around the Atlanta area and much more!
In addition, our league partners with the Hotlanta Softball League (HSL) and provides the best opportunity to recruit, build, and develop your team for the next HSL spring season.
* SSL Board Positions Available *
We are currently seeking volunteers to fill 3 vacant board positions:
- ALL Positions are Non-paid
- You must be a current SSL member in good standing
- You'll be interviewed by the SSL Board and then voted for approval
- Coaching/Manager experience preferred but not required
- Have played two or more seasons in the league
- A candidate needs to work and play well with others
- Have to put the best interest of the league before their own self interest
- Special professional management skills preferred
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to get things done
- Be honest, ethical, and dependable
- Be willing and able to give extra time for monthly and/or weekly league meetings as needed
- Working long hours at the fields will be required (setting up, registration, concessions, and break down duties will be shared amongst all board members)
- Most importantly, must share in the SSL mission in the love of the game of softball and raising much needed funds for local animal charities who work tirelessly to save our four legged furry friends!
Contact League Governor Kenny DeLeon if interested!
We want to congratulate all the 2021 division champions!
Softball Team - Competitive Fun Division
Moose Knuckles - Just Fun Division
On behalf of all SSL Board members we want to thank everyone for helping us maintain a safe, competitive, and fun 2021 fall softball season!
SSL would like to acknowledge and congratulate our 2021 animal charity recipients:
Atlanta Wild Animal Rescue Effort (AWARE)
Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF)
Georgia English Bulldog Rescue
Laskey's Lucky Ones
Spay & Neuter Coalition
Walking Home Together
SSL would like to acknowledge some of the amazing people in our league whos' contributions have had a direct impact on our seasons success. Along with presenting championship trophies at our End of the Season Banquet, we will also be presenting awards to our Hall of Fame inductee, Sponsor of the year and our annual “Pawsome” award. Please join us in congratulating
Ned Nichols - SSL Hall of Fame 2021
Scott Beasley - Sponsor of the Year
Chuck Richards - Pawsome Award
After a challenging 2020 season, the 2021 season brought a return to more normalcy for SSL. Our dedicated Board Members was dedicated to keep the league moving forward. Softball is important to the social and personal health of our players, to be able to bring people together in a fun, competitive but most of all safe environment for all to enjoy. We believe our mission of raising money and donating to our local animal charities is an obligation and a must each and every year. SSL is committed to giving to help our wonderful non-profit charities that do the hard and import work of saving as many loving pets as possible. SSL donates over $2,000 dollars out of our general fund that goes directly to our partner charities. We are thankful for all our members because without them, none of this would be possible!
Upcoming Sign Up Events
No upcoming events